As the Travelling pattern and data compiled by international agencies shows that there is remarkable increase in the tourism in last decade and has an increasing trend. In 2007 it was estimated that about 14% of the adult American population have atleast spent one night outside USA, roughly there are 64 million trips outside America, about 21% increase from last 10 years. This healthy activity called "Tourism" can make you unhealthy by affecting your health. As, in one day you can have different climates on an extreme, you can have hot and humid weather in Dubai and have chills in Scandinavia just in 8-9 hours travel. So, this is what that expose you the health risks and diseases. So, knowing the danger to keep yourself in good health and conditions here are the few precautionary measures that you should take before leaving home infact we better make a note of it while planning to travel.
The studies and research shows that majority of travelers from all around the world do not take medical assistance before leaving their place. Either you are a frequent traveler or going for a travel of a life time, you should be aware of the health risks involved in International travel to make every journey a healthy positive experience that encourage you to travel in the future.
Medications, immunizations & vaccinations : You must have all the information about your traveling either you are travelling as a part of the group or individually, even two travelers travelling together but have different itineraries should to collect their own detail like their Destinations, lodging, food, mode of travel (Sea, Air, Overland) and activities involved in the trip (Scuba diving, seas surfing, ice climbing). Collecting these details led he foundation stone in tailoring the Health advice for each person. Do not forget to see your General Practitioner for medications or first aid to carry with you and Vaccination according to probable risk involved or any other preventive measure (e.g against Malaria).
Travel Health Tips: Here are the list of few Health Tips that can be very useful in travelling.
- Get your travel insurance in your pocket otherwise you can face a heavy medical bill incase you fall in or require any medication abroad, getting a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is not a bad idea if you are travellig in Europe.
- Do not forget to check and read thoroughly the health section in your country travel advice before travelling.
- Avoiding dehydration is never that simple, just drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated in warm, hot and humid climate.
- Sun Bath, every one loves to but avoid sun in hours from 11am to 03pm and do not forget to use high factor sunscreen.
- its always a good practice to have all the emergency numbers in your back pocket all the time. So, where ever you go always have local emergency and health services providers details with you.
- Be aware of the diseases like HIV and AIDS, avoid any activities that can lead you to the conditions like this or take proper preventive measures, because theses diseases can catch you any where in the world with a very little mistake.
- Do not forget to see your doctor before travel if you are pregnant or you have given birth in last 06 months, or you have a history of blood disorders, or you have heart issues like blood pressure or you have gone thru a surgery recently.
Traveling Far Away from Home:
- try to avoid tight clothing when you are planning to travel long distances on the globe. Stretching exercise like flexing and extending your foot, ankles, arms & legs because this will keep your body circulation in perfect order to let you feel good about your body during travel.
- Alcohol while flying is not a good idea, try to avoid it instead drink plenty of water during long flights and try to walk around for a while after intervals.
- Travelers should have their own traveler's emergency medical kit with them all the time to prevent themselves from illness and possible injuries.
Knowing for Better: Any medical condition that you are already suffering from is not really a problem to get yourself out of your home but hiding it and taking it lightly can harm you like anything, so if you have pre-existing medical issues do not forget to:
- discuss it with your travel insurer and take opinion from your physician that how this trip can affect you and your health.
- Take note of the local conditions that can affect you like population density, climate and others and make a consideration in your mind its effect on you, that either you will be comfortable or not.
- Learn the words in the local language that can describe your condition incase of emergency or if you need help.
So, folks these are the few tips for the frequent visitors across the globe or for the new visitors these health tips are always as important as your luggage or traveling documents are, so do have them in your mind and always take all these preventive measures to have your every journey " a memorable one" .